Service & Maintenance
An air source heat pump (ASHP) is a system which transfers heat from outside to inside a building, or vice versa. Under the principles of vapour compression refrigeration, an ASHP uses a refrigerant system involving a compressor and a condenser to absorb heat at one place and release it at another.
Just like a car with lots of moving parts and integrated components, your heat pump needs regular tune ups to keep it running efficiently. Artizan recommends annual service to maximize the life span of your investment. Many heat pump manufacturers require that you perform annual maintenance to keep their warranties valid.
If not properly installed or maintained, heat pump compressors, reversing valves, and coils are costly to replace.
Our Tune-Up and Maintenance Plans Start from £149.00 and all include:
- Check outdoor fan motor and lubricate if needed
- Check electrical wiring, contacts and terminals; repair as required
- Check all safety components
- Check compressor operation
- Check reversing valve for proper operation
- Check indoor thermostat operation
- Check defrost and heating modes (winter only)
- Check for excessive noise and vibration
- Check refrigerant charge
- Inspect air filters
- Check all safety and pressure switches
- Check motor and heaters/voltage/amperes
- Check back-up heat and emergency heat source and controls for proper operation
- Measure temperature rise in emergency heat mode
All of the above services help to save you money by avoiding expensive repairs and premature equipment failure. If you enrol in our prepaid Annual Maintenance Plan, you’ll receive priority service in an emergency, which means you’ll be served before other customers:
Annual service from £149.00
Call out and break down.
Call out charge is £65.00, then every 15 minutes on site £15.00 plus parts mileage and VAT
Mileage charge after 50 miles round trip. 30 pence per mile plus vat.